Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Who is Rob Ritchie???


Rob Ritchie is the first ASA member to feature on our athlete bio section. So here's what we found out abour Rob.
Hello my name is? ….. Rob Ritchie
Hometown….. Edmonton, AB
Age…… 19
Rails or Powder? … Powder but rails are super fun
Favorite place to ride? Anywhere where there’s someone having as much fun riding as I am.
Foods before you ride? Home-made breakfast burrito
Describe your style?.... I race boardercross so it’s just going really fast over everything sketchy and trying not to hit all the people I’m going past ha-ha. I don’t know, I’m awesome I guess you just have to come ride with me.

I’m buying your drinking?... Not as much as most people, I might have a beer or two if there’s nothing important going on later.
Things you can’t travel without? Phone, skateboard, fireworks/air-soft guns, mega-phone
Who’s rocking your iPod?
Gogol Bordello –“start wearing purple”
The ark –“one of s is gonna die young”
Enur –“Calabria”
Positive K –“Nightshift”
Jackson 5-“ABC”
Arts the Beatdoctor –“The Anthem”
The Chi-Lites –“Too Good To Be Forgotten”
Mike Relm –“My Favorite Peanuts”
DJ Z-Trip –“Breakfast Club”
Slow Club –“When I Go”

What new stuff will you be rocking this season? New Volkl Boards, some stiff bindings, probably time for some new gloves and a jacket too. And new lenses. And boots. Man this is an expensive sport.
Flames, Oilers or Canucks? Oilers but hockey’s not my life
Dream snowboard trip? Go to New Zealand during our summer/their winter to rip all day and then tear your shirt off in a fit of joy because it’s so hot out.
Skinny jeans are…….. Blood restricting
Last film you watched and laughed out loud? …. Blazing Saddles
Favorite quotes ….. “Up high, down low, break the pickle, tickle tickle” – my funny ginger friend.
Every day I wake up and have to …. Remember to eat breakfast.

When I’m not snowboarding I like to… work out, play guitar, ride my mountain bike off stuff, go to gymnastics’ place for the drop in sessions, and do Capoeira
Stanley Cup prediction…. I’d have to be bed ridden to have enough time to care.
People should stop wearing… clothes.
Thanks Rob! If you're interested in letting the world know who you are contact the ASA office.

No comments: